You are INVITED to BACA's 14th Annual Community Art Show
Belleville Yacht Club (BYC)831 E Huron River Dr. Belleville, Mi 48111
Friday October 13, 2023 from 7-9 pm will be the Awards Ceremony:
There are awards in 6 categories
Children ages 6-12
Teens ages 13-17
Light refreshment provided by one of our sponsors:
The Pumpkin Factory
Meet and greet the artist.
Saturday Oct 14, 2023
view the show
Sunday Oct 15, 2023
view the show
Get your entries submitted by Oct 1, 2023
Welcome to BACA's 14th annual community art show page!
Belleville Area Council for the Arts 14th Annual Community Art Show.
We are planning an in person show this October 13 – 15, 2023
Located at The Belleville Yacht Club (BYC)
831 E. Huron River Drive in Belleville, Michigan 48111
- GENERAL INFO:
• Admission to view the Show is Free
• All art must be labeled with Artist name, media and sale price.
• All Entries Forms & Fees must be received NO LATER THAN October 1, 2023.
• All artwork must be submitted NO LATER THAN Thursday Oct. 12, 2023 BRING YOUR MASTERPIECES TO THE BYC (preferrably) ON THURSDAY (3:30-7pm) or Fri. Oct. 13 (2-3pm) at the Belleville Yacht Club (BYC) and not retrieved until after show end Sunday Oct. 15, 2023 at 4pm.
• Artists are encouraged to provide their own display devices ( easels ).
• Artists are encouraged to name each of their works of art, and to include an ARTISTS STATEMENT describing artist process (medium used) or meaning. 1-3 paragraphs are suggested. Upon receiving your applications we begin to create the PROGRAM and Art Title Markers for the show. We include Artist’s Name and Title of Art work, Medium used and if it is for sale, a PRICE. It is very helpful to us when we receive EARLY entries. THANK YOU
• Artists may bring business cards to be displayed with their art.
• Artists will be allowed to offer their work for sale with no commission charge. (BACA DOES appreciate any DONATIONS).
• Artists are encouraged to donate a piece of art to be used for fundraising (raffle) at future BACA events.
• By entering show, I agree BACA is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged art. I also agree BACA reserves the right to reproduce art for promotional purposes
such as our website www.bacaart.org, future advertisement, program brochures, calendars, banners, etc.
2021 Award Winners
More pics coming soon
2020 Virtual Show
2020 VIRTUAL SHOW WAS EXTRAORDINARY!
We will keep those pics posted below for any new comers to view.
Belleville Area Council for the Arts 11th Annual Community VIRTUAL Art Show 2020.
Watch the the slide show. If it going to fast just click your arrow button in the direction you wish to advance or go back.
The slide show images are also posted in their separate categories below the video.
The show runs maybe ten minutes. ENJOY!!!
Thank you for stopping in to see our ART.
WE HAVE WINNERS!!!
2020 BACA Art Show Winners
- 1st Place Name: Nicki Pijanowski Title: Loving Hands
- 2nd Place Name: Diane Gomez Burden Title: Finn
- 3rd Place Name: Kim Ensch Title: Only a Place to Start
- Honorable Mention: Name: Cynthia Price Title: The House on Floral Avenue
- 1st Place Name: Diane Eissinger Title: End of the Trail
- 2nd Place Name: Tim Marsh Title: Goat Garden Shelf
- 3rd Place Name: Cheryl Wagner Title: Gazing Sunflower
- Honorable Mention: Name: Abigail Lorincz Title: Succulent Dragon
- 1st Place Name: Terrah Stewart Title: Power
- 2nd Place Name: Joy Kole Title: Contemplation
- 3rd Place Name: Jennifer Gunderson Title: The Spot
- Honorable Mention: Name: Rhonda Dutton Title: RiD
Children (Ages 6‐16) Category:
- 1st Place Name: Kylie Ion Title: Shy‐low
- 2nd Place Name: Brooklynn Nelson Title: There’s Always a Rainbow After the Storm
- 3rd Place Name: Cassidy Etzel Title: Girl
- Honorable Mention: Name: Marcarius Kolk Title: Icon of Christ Enthroned
A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR 2020 JUDGES!
2020 Art Show Judges
Barbara Heller is currently the Director and Conservator of Special Projects and formerly the Chief Conservator at the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA). She lectures, publishes, and serves on the board of directors and in advisory positions for several professional regional, national, and international organizations.
She has juried many art shows including both OUR TOWN and Student Art Town at The Community House in Birmingham, Concours d’Elegance at Meadow Brook Hall and Cranbrook, among others.
Sally J. Mac Mullan
Sally has been involved in the Arts for most of her life, doing painting, fiber arts, ceramics and free form sculpture. She received her B.A. in painting from Michigan State University and M.A. in early childhood education from Wayne State. Sally taught elementary art in Hazel Park for 21 years. She worked as illustrator for Anchorage, Alaska School System on four different educational series.